Celebrating my birthday in London

10:41 PM rerefauziah.blogspot.com 0 Comments


I was so excited since i knew that i was going to London on my birthday to operate my first Airbus 380. I got the feeling of happiness & sorrow at same time because it was gonna be my first birthday abroad and being away from home with no plan at all.

I was offered to change my flight schedule to get my day off but i considered to maintain my flight to feel the new atmosphere of celebrating my birthday abroad.


Yes, You my dear London, i always love London since i was kid, the city where all my ballet academy comes from, the city that i'm so obsessed with and the only destination i struggled for the visa two years ago. 

There is always a good thing from any unexpected thing, my company has arranged that i'd be flying with my housemate, so at least i won't feel lonely during layover. I touched down on 1st June early in the morning, i could feel all lethargic and aching in my whole body after flying for 13 hours. 

London was quite chilly in autumn, yes it is always cold and windy, then i prepared all my coats, sweater, boots, socks and scarf to survive there. Anyway i really loved my new coat i bought in Nagoya Japan, i randomly entered to one big shop, did window shopping and found this super girly coat and it was such a big guilty pleasure.

My Favorite Coat

After having power nap for few hours, my housemate and i went to Warner Bros studio tour of the making of Harry Potter, it was a bit far away from downtown and we definitely spent 1,5 hours journey there. Ticket it self can be booked through the website, so all visitors are able to choose for specific timing for the tour including to arrange for transportation and accommodation nearby. here's the ticket and the main entrance

Ticket and main entrance
Actually i am not Harry Potter huge fan, i mean i watched all movies with super ordinary plot, setting and character and yes i went to take picture in platform 9 3/4 as a mandatory shot if you're in London. However It was mesmerizing to have a chance to go there and see how fantastic the studio was. 

You can find everything about harry potter and the movie making including all properties such as robot, movies effects and costumes. They sell souvenir regarding harry potter and everything about this movie, but i need to admit that it is pricey cause of the originality of the stuff and paid in Poundsterling.


My housemate and i spent whole day in this studio with all jet lag and exhausted body, but everything was paid because i found it was really entertaining and super cool for non-harry potter huge fans.

My birthday was actually on the second day layover, it was like one clear day before flying back to Singapore on the day after. It seemed different from what i used to do, no cakes no family nor celebration, i just received many messages from my family, boyfriend and colleagues. 

There is one thing i realized during that day, i was so happy to be back to Big ben and Westminster area just to extend my gratitude to be there on my 23rd birthday. Even though It was raining in London, my freezing hands felt worse but i was excited to explore this city where all my dreams were made and achieved.

Disney House
Best spot

no caption needed


One good thing after every long flight is having three days off after duty, it means i can go back home straight away to celebrate my birthday, i got a gifts from the one and only, family and best friends. Next year i am planing to apply for off day for my birthday so  i can at least being at home to celebrate my birthday.



The next question is what's the point of turning twenty three for me? well said it was a good time for me to review what i have done, what i have prayed, what i have achieved and what the good things i have done? This year made me feel that all my hard working was paid, i can remember how my past few years had passed with all disappointment in working, lethargic feeling to work at weekend, passion has never met chance and bitter feeling of what i've been struggling for.

It was a good turning point to live my life so i can at least  do many things to make my surrounding happy with anything i can share and give. I prayed that i can be more mature and independent, to be a better version of a daughter, girlfriend and friend. This is how i love my life, by being grateful and keep giving something to anyone, hopefully i can do bigger things in positive ways, amin.


0 comments: